The DRV/GMR is the product of a complete rethink of our gravel dropbar, offering enhanced fit options and greater comfort than before. Where most gravel bars flare the drops we’ve kept the upper part of the drops straight, with a significant flare in the lower part of the drops. This is to allow the levers to be held in the way they were designed. Additionally we’ve added 9mm of rise on the tops and hoods (compared to our other DRV bars) to facilitate a higher position.
What is the DRiVe metric?
DRiVe (Drop Reach Variant) is measured via a 73° line beginning at the bar bore. The DRiVe metric pinpoints the line’s intersection with the drop.
The DRiVe metric by Profile Design pinpoints the precise position in the drops where riders instinctively place their hands. The metric is incorporated into a new series of progressively sized handlebars designed around a cyclist's most powerful hand positions.
What is your DRiVe?: Gone are the days of simply measuring a drop bar by the standard reach, drop and width. Our DRiVe metric pinpoints the precise position in the drops where riders instinctively place their hands. The metric is incorporated into a new series of progressively sized handlebars designed around a cyclist's most powerful hand positions.
- The DRiVe Metric: The DRiVe (Drop Reach Variant) position is measured via a 73° line beginning at the bar bore. The DRiVe metric pinpoints the line intersection with the drop.
- DRiVe Reclaims Comfort, Power & Control: Modern drop bar designs are deeply tied to tradition. They are designed based on outdated road bike sizing rendering many of cycling intended hand positions unattainable when riding modern frame geometry. The ride positions that are the most powerful and allow for the most control have now shifted into virtually unattainable positions. DRiVe reclaims many of the ideal positions most critical to comfort, power, and control.
- Fit Made Simple: To predict the DRiVe position of any given rider, we looked at an anthropological study focusing on the correlation among handbreadth, shoulder width, and height. By measuring your handbreadth we can easily identify a DRiVe that will be compatible with your body type.
- Progressive Ergonomics: The tops and hoods complement the powerhouse DRiVe position and the Reach and DRiVe are progressively sized as the bar increases in width. This progressive sizing ensures the most powerful positions remain right where they are needed.
- Weight: 285-320g
- Size: 105 (36, 38, 40, 42cm) or 120 (40, 42, 44cm) (center to center)
- Reach: 105 (70mm) or 120 (75mm)
- Rise: 9mm
- Clamp Width: 100mm
- Clamp Diameter: 31.8mm
- Clip Compatible: Yes - (Sonic, Neosonic and Supersonic Brackets Kits). Non compatible brackets - (Subsonic, Legacy II, Airstryke, Flip Ergo and Hypersonic Bracket Kits)
- Drop: 105 (121mm) or 120 (137mm) (drop from top center)
- Drop Width: 105 (438, 458, 478 or 493mm) or 120 (480, 500 or 520mm)
- Drive: 105 or 120mm (drive form bar center)
- Internal Cable Routing: No
- Max Brake Lever Torque: 10Nm
- Max Torque Clamping to Bar: 6Nm
- Material: 6061-T6 AL
- Finish: Matte Black